Friends of the Library | Spring 2020 Postponed Events - College of Charleston Libraries
Like many of you, the Libraries are diligently monitoring local developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and Friends, we have decided to postpone our Spring 2020 Friends of the Library events. We will make every attempt to reschedule these events in the future.
Postponed events include:
- The Winthrop Roundtable on March 19 with Joseph P. Riley, Jr.;
- The Real Civil War: Myths, Lies, and Monuments on March 25 with Adam Domby;
- Civil War Prisons and the Advent of the Modern Prison Pen on April 8 with W. Fitzhugh Brundage;
- A Candid Conversation with Cecelia Dailey & Mary Edna Fraser on April 16;
- An Evening with Sue Monk Kidd on May 6;
We apologize for any inconvenience and disruption this may cause, but we believe this to be the best way to ensure the well-being of our Libraries’ most precious resource: our Friends and campus communities.
In tandem with our College partners, we remain vigilant in our watch of COVID-19. We will ensure that you are fully abreast of any changes with timely communication by email and telephone.
Your stalwart support of the Friends imbues us with confidence that no obstacle is insurmountable. At times of uncertainty, this is profoundly heartening. We encourage everyone to be safe and take all necessary precautions to protect themselves and their loved ones.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact John White.
With our best,
Stephen C. Osborne John W. White
Friends of the Library Board Chair Dean of the College Libraries